Easy old fashioned recipe
My recipe for today it called ” Homemade strawberry pies from scratch ”
it’s so yummy pie recipe.
Pies it’s most delicious dessert recipe in the world, special in lovely occasions .
Like thanksgiving or Christmas , or lovely family nights .
I know almost everyone love pies with different filling .
In this blog i try to cooking our lovely recipes by simple ways , to make those recipes look more simple for every one .
You must be sure you don’t need be a professional chef to making delicious dishes for you family at your home.
At your home you are the chef , you can try anything as you want , and your family will appreciate your effort .
If you try making anything with right steps and right ingredients and love , be sure it will success .
There are days and occasions gathering all family member , and will thinking to try some special recipes to try it .
Like in thanksgiving when the family want to celebrate and making special moments and makes special memories .
The special recipes comes the first , special dessert .
We all after meals waiting for dessert dish , the love’s one .
And when the dessert be loved from everyone , be as reward and makes all happy .
Homemade strawberry pie
- 100 g plain flour plus extra for dusting
- 3 tbs icing sugar
- 55 g butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 150 ml milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
For the topping
- 6-8 hulled strawberries
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- sift the flour and icing sugar into a mixing bowl . and the butter and rub it in until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- sprinkle over the water and mix to firm dough .
- knead briefly , wrap in cling film and chill for 30 min .
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and use to line two 8 cm pie tins.
- prick the bases all over with a fork and chill for 10 min.
- preheat the oven to 200C or 400F gas .
- line the pastry cases with non-stick baking paper and fill with baking beans.
- Bake for 5 min until pale golden, leave it to cool .
For the custard filling beat the milk , egg , yolk ,sugar and flour in a bowl . pour into small saucepan and cook , stirring continuously until the mixture come to the boil.beat the custard until smooth , then simmer for 2 minutes. leave to cool,then spoon into the pie cases .
Arrange the strawberries on top of the top of the custard, warm the jam and brush it over the top . leave to set for a few minutes before serving .
” can you see my other recipes and i hope you like it ”
If you liked my recipe ” Homemade strawberry pies from scratch ”
Please share it if you can in pinterest ;